- 1 lb. stewed meat or chuck
- Cubed potatoes, 1 per person + 1,
- 1 c. celery
- 1 c. carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- And any other vegetables, chopped you wish.
Add 2 cups V-8 juice and salt. Add 1 can Golden mushroom soup. Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.