- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal (plain)
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, or 6 tablespoons. lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons light cream
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
Cream butter and sugar. Add cornmeal. Beat eggs together well and add vinegar, vanilla or lemon juice, and cream. Fold egg mixture into butter/sugar mixture. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes and then lower heat to 325 degrees F. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until set.
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add brown sugar, beating constantly, until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of meringue onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until delicately brown and firm. Cool three to five minutes before removing from cookie sheet.