- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add brown sugar, beating constantly, until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of meringue onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until delicately brown and firm. Cool three to five minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.