- 1 1/2 lbs frozen shrimp, defrosted, dried off on paper towel
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2-3 T fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 4 scallions, sliced in thin rounds
- 8 radishes, washed, sliced in thin rounds
cayenne pepper, a dash
- 3 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 lb conchiglie, (shells) or fusilli (screws)
Set pasta water to boil.
Cook the shrimp as per instructions on package. Do not overcook.
Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool.
Prepare radishes and scallions.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
Drain when al dente.
Rinse with cold water to stop cooking process and prevent from sticking.
Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
Mix in the mayonnaise, the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss, mixing well.
Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper, or if you prefer Tabasco sauce.
Place in refrigerator for an hour or more.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.