- 6-8 large cloves of garlic chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packs soft or silken tofu
- 2 fresh lemons
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lb of Italian oil cured olives
Rinse the olives under hot water to remove some of the oil. Pit them, chop and set aside.
Drain the tofu and crumble. Place some tofu in a blender, with some galrlic and lemon juice and a little olive oil. Blend until smooth. You may need to stir the mixture with a chopstick a few times to make sure everything blends well. Tast and place in a large ceramic bowl. Repeat until all the ingredients are used. Taste for salt, lemon and garlic and adjust accordingly. Do not add the olives until you are ready to serve. Stir them in and add
some finely chopped Italian parsley on top. Use as a dip for cooled vegetables that were blanched, or dress over hot veggies of yourliking.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.