- 5 c. chicken broth
- 8 lg. shallots in thin slices
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 celery stalks chopped with leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Chopped chives
1. In a saucepan, put chicken broth, shallots and tarragon and celery. Bring to a boil. Simmer, cover for 45 minutes in low heat. Into blender container ladle half of mixture, cover and at high speed, blend until smooth. Repeat with other half.
2. In a bowl beat the cream and yolks. Stir into the soup. Reheat the soup stirring until yolk are cooked. Do not boil. Serve hot, garnish with chives and paprika.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.