- 3 small ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup lite soymilk or other milk alternative
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 4 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the mashed bananas, soymilk, and oil together in a large bowl. Add the flour and baking powder and stir well.
Place dough on a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch-wide circles using a cutter or tin can. Place biscuits on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, bake 20 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
These delicious biscuits make a perfect breakfast item. Leftovers can be re-heated in a toaster oven.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.