- One 6-ounce package vegan "bacon"
- 2 teaspoons oil
- One 24-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
Fry vegan "bacon" in oil in a non-stick frying pan until crisp on both sides (about 10 minutes). Chop into very small pieces.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, cook lima beans in boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a medium-size oven-proof baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- 4 lbs. beef round steak, cut in 1 inch
- 4 c. sliced carrots
- 2 c. sliced celery
- 4 med. onions, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms,
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 (16 oz.) cans tomatoes
- 2 c. Burgundy
In roasting pan or Dutch oven mix meat, carrots, celery, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to meat mixture. Stir in tomatoes and Burgundy. Cover and bake 4 hours.